Fatty liver is a concerning condition. It is a direct result of overconsumption of unhealthy food or alcohol. Usually, there is a certain percentage of fat left in the liver after digestion. But if this amount keeps rising then it starts interfering with other body processes and slows down the working of the liver. A better option is to look for the best fatty liver cures. Apart from conventional medicine, Ayurveda offers a promising answer for all wanting to avail fatty liver treatment naturally. It is a widely accepted and recommended approach that gets counted in the best fatty liver treatments in India. Let’s find out how?
What is Fatty Liver?
The liver is the largest and one of the most vital organs of the human body. It helps in processing the nutrients from food and drinks and filters toxic substances from the blood. Some fat always remains inside the liver, but if the fat goes nearly 5% to 10% of the liver weight, it can generate severe complications. A liver with such high content of fat is known as a fatty liver and it is a serious condition. It is essential to bring down the fat content with proper treatment and decrease its drastic effects on the overall health of the human body.
Types of Fatty Liver
Fatty liver disease is categorized into three main types :
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: The fat build-up, in this case, is due to an unhealthy diet and lots of carbohydrates. Usually, it is not inflammatory in nature and doesn’t result in too many complications. But if the patient experiences inflammations despite being non-alcoholic, it is known as nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Alcoholic Fatty Liver: When the fat deposition crosses the healthy limit due to excess alcohol consumption, the problem is known as alcoholic fatty liver disease. If left untreated or ignored for long, it may result in wounds in the liver or liver damage. Patients suffering from this problem must quit alcohol immediately.
- Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy: It is a very rate complication but a serious one. The exact cause of this problem is not known. It needs to be treated as soon as the problem is diagnosed. Any delays may pose serious health risks for both the mother and the baby.
Causes of Fatty Liver
Obesity, Insulin resistance, high blood sugar, a high-fat diet with no or limited physical activities, elevated blood lipids, especially triglycerides, alcohol use, and liver infections are the leading causes of fatty liver disease.
Symptoms of Fatty Liver
Swollen belly, yellowish skin, eyes, fatigue, tiredness in the body, vomiting sensation, indigestion, and pain or discomfort in the upper right abdomen are the main symptoms of fatty liver.
Diagnosis and Fatty Liver Treatment in Ayurveda
Still, an ultrasonography scan (USG) confirms the diagnosis of fatty liver. Prakash Nethralaya follows a holistic approach to provide effective relief in all these symptoms with Fatty Liver Treatment in Ayurveda. Non-alcoholic fatty liver and Alcoholic fatty liver are the two clinical subtypes of the disease.
Ayurveda describes the liver as a site of Pitta. Pitta in the liver helps in the proper digestion and energy transformation. Excess fat in the liver leads to vitiation of Pitta dosha leading to several symptoms. Vitiated Pitta leads to the formation of toxic material called 'Aam', which ultimately results in systemic complications.
Ayurvedic treatment for fatty liver disease aims to correct the vitiated Pitta dosha. Vaman and Virechan are robust cleansing procedures for the liver. Various ayurvedic medicines for fatty liver disease like Kutaki, Bhumyamalaki, Triphala, Aloe vera, and many others ensure liver support and strengthening. Diet, yoga, exercise, and lifestyle maintain the normal functioning of the liver.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Fatty Liver
- Eat a nutrient-rich, plant-based, low-calorie, and low-fat natural diet. Exercise for 30-45 minutes a day is crucial for active metabolism.
- Altogether avoid the non-vegetarian diet, fried food, bakery food items, aerated cold drinks, fast food, and other processed foodstuffs.
- 30 ml aloe vera juice in the morning and 1 tsp of Triphala Choorna at night can be practised regularly to avoid fatty liver disease.
Preventions for Fatty Liver
The prevention of fatty liver lies in a simple and healthy lifestyle. It includes both diet and daily routine. Here are some additional points that may provide better guidance:
- If you have a long history of alcohol consumption, then you must join a reform program or therapy to quit alcohol altogether.
- Focus on maintaining a healthy weight.
- If you are diabetic and have a doctor-prescribed diet chart, please stick to it.
- Always keep a check on your cholesterol, blood sugar, and triglycerides levels. It doesn’t matter if you are diabetic or not, these levels should always stay within permitted limits.
- Make it a routine to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. It will help to avoid several problems including a fatty liver.
Symptoms of Fatty Liver
Yellowish Skin and Eyes
Fatigue and Tiredness
Pain or Discomfort in the Upper Right Abdomen
Our Approach To Fatty Liver Treatment
Our Ayurveda doctors deeply explore all the clinical aspects of the patient. The patient's daily routine, diet pattern, and other lifestyle aspects indicate the disease's root cause. Accordingly, the doctor prepares the treatment plan based on the Ayurveda medicines, diet suggestions, and Panchakarma therapies for advanced cases. The disease is entirely curable, and it may take about six months to even a year for the complete cure of the disease. A patient with fatty liver can even consult over an online video consultation to conclude the exact prognosis and treatment line.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.