About Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS/PCOD) & Ayurvedic Treatment
Ayurveda is one of the oldest healing sciences known to humanity. It takes a holistic approach towards healing, where an emphasis is placed on the balance between our internal systems and the surroundings. Every illness is perceived as an imbalance between the life-sustaining forces present in our bodies. The treatment follows an all-natural path that compels the patients to follow an all-natural, healthy lifestyle. If all goes well, Ayurveda can reduce problems by root and prevent their recurrence in the long run.
It is evident from the high number of PCOS patients that were successfully cured by our doctors. The Ayurvedic treatment for PCOS focuses on the complete eradication of PCOS along with its symptoms, side-effects, and chances of recurrence. How? Let’s find out.
What is PCOS?
PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome or ovarian cysts are solid or fluid-filled pocket-like structures formed within or on the ovaries' surface. Most of the cysts tend to disappear on their own, but if not, it results in several complications.
Causes and Symptoms of PCOS
Hormonal imbalance is the most common PCOS causes. When many cysts form inside the ovaries, that condition is called PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS/PCOD). Several complications, including infertility, can result due to PCOS if left untreated.
Major PCOS symptoms include irregular periods, heavy bleeding, painful sexual intercourse, breast tenderness, abnormal hair growth, acne, weight gain, headache, and darkness of the skin.
Hormonal imbalance, pelvic infection, consumption of hormonal and contraceptive pills, sedentary lifestyle, bad eating habits, and mental stress are considered to be the major causes of PCOS.
Diagnosis and Ayurvedic Treatment for PCOS/PCOD Problem
- The diagnosis of ovarian cyst or PCOS is confirmed by clinical history, pelvic examination, Ultrasonography (USG), and some blood tests.
- According to Ayurveda, Vata, and Kapha vitiation are responsible for the formation of a cyst. There occurs blockage in the internal channels called Artav Vaha Srotas. Veg Dharan (Suppressing natural Urges), wrong eating patterns, and mental stress are the major causes of menstrual problems.
- Ayurvedic Treatment for PCOS aims to unblock the channels without any hormonal therapy, which can be achieved successfully in most patients. Kapha and Medohar ayurvedic medicines for PCOS is the 1st line of treatment, including lifestyle & diet correction and yoga therapies. A few cases may require panchakarma therapies like Virechan, Swedan, Udvartana, and Vasti for PCOS treatment in Ayurveda.
- Ayurvedic treatment is a major PCOS cure as it has cured a majority of cases either by medicines or by panchakarma. You can have a video consultation with our doctor to understand your problem in detail.
Lifestyle Changes and PCOS Diet Plan
- The use of Fast food, junk food, fatty and oily foodstuffs, sweets, staple food, mental stress, and hormonal contraceptives can increase the problem. One should avoid them.
- Natural foodstuffs like fruits, fresh vegetables, fiber-rich food, yoga, and meditation help improve the condition.
At Prakash Nethralaya & Panchakarma Kendra, we adopt a holistic approach for the treatment of PCOS. The majority of patients find effective relief in all these symptoms with PCOS Treatment in Ayurveda.
Symptoms of PCOS/PCOD
Abnormal Hair Growth
Our Approach To PCOS Treatment
Early diagnosed cases respond well with lifestyle correction and Ayurvedic medicine for PCOS. The Ayurveda doctor takes a thorough medical history. Previous medical record is examined and some fresh investigations are also suggested if required. After thorough analysis, the medicines are prescribed. In advanced and chronic cases, patient may require coming to our hospital in Jaipur and may require staying here for about 3 weeks for panchakarma therapies. The in house treatment ensures complete detoxification of the body by Virechan, Vasti, steam bath, and diet regulations. We also recommend Yoga therapy sessions along with panchakarma for PCOS. The disease is curable in almost every patient provided the appropriate changes are done in the lifestyle.
Frquently Asked Questions on PCOS
Yes. Ayurveda treatment can cure PCOS completely. Support of a healthy and balanced lifestyle is required, along with Ayurveda treatment.
Use of Ayurveda medicines, Yoga therapies, and changing the diet and lifestyle can naturally dissolve the ovarian cysts.
Ayurveda treatment always looks for the root cause of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms. The symptoms of PCOS do not come back after curing the root cause of the problem.
It may take approx three months in initial cases to even a year in advanced and chronic cases for a complete cure of PCOS
Ayurveda medicines work on different aspects of the body, starting from ensuring a regular period to activate the overall metabolism. Since Ayurveda treatment works naturally and not in a suppressive way, it may take one to two cycles for normalizing the periods.
A patient with PCOS may find difficulties in getting pregnant because of hormonal imbalances. Many patients have infertility because of PCOS, which is curable with Ayurveda treatment.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of disease looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. Ayurveda offers two ways of treatment; One is Shodhan, and the other is Shaman. Shodhan is complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Ayurveda medicines always work better in a patient detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed most naturally and not in the synthetic and chemical form. For this reason, the herbs are soft on the body, and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take them for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Instead, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.