Ayurvedic Treatment of Conjunctivitis in India
28 Dec 2019 Eye conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis is an eye disease which is also known as "Pink Eye". Conjunctiva is known to be the base of the upper and lower eyelids and the layer of the white portion of the eye. This disease is called as "netrabhishyandam" in Ayurveda. The ayurvedic treatment for conjunctivitis is very effective, simple and long-lasting.
Let us have a look at the Causes and Symptoms of Conjunctivitis
- Tiny blood vessels in the conjunctiva become more major due to inflammation. This results up in a pinkish and reddish cast to the eyes. It is caused by a virus that usually causes the common cold.
- Thus, a person suffering from this is said to have a common cold earlier than, throughout and later than the session of conjunctivitis.
- Conjunctivitis can be bacterial or allergic in nature.
- The condition of eyes can suffer more critically if you rub your eyes or any foreign particle enters your eyes.
- Allergy to pollen, animal skin, and hairs, cosmetics, air pollution, skin medicines, smoke, etc can cause allergic conjunctivitis.
- Yellow discharge can form a crust. Bacterial infection can cause discharge in the form of pus and crusting.
- Viral Conjunctivitis can cause enlargement and softness of the lymph node in the front side of the ear on the affected side.
Precautions need to be taken for this disease is
- Don't touch or rub the eyes with your fingers. Use clean tissues or handkerchief instead.
- Apply a washcloth soaked in warm water to the affected eye for at least 5 minutes daily for 3-4 times. This helps in dissolving the crusty residue of the pink eye.
- Avoid eye makeup until the whole infection gets cured.
- Don't patch or cover the eye or else the infection can grow more.
- Don't wear contact lenses if your eyes are infected.
- Don't touch the infected eye with your hand or else it would spread on the good eye also.
- Wear washed clothes daily and change pillowcases every night.
Remedies of Ayurvedic Treatment for Conjunctivitis
- Mix Triphala Choorna (15gm) in water (200ml) for half an hour and then boil it and filter it. This produces Trifala Lotion which can be used to wash the eyes for about 3-4 times in a day.
Apart from these remedies, there are many other easy and permanent treatment in India. You can cure this with the ayurvedic medicines and eye drops for conjunctivitis in India. Prakash Nethralay and Panchkarma Kendra are providing the best ayurvedic treatment for Conjunctivitis in the easiest way.You find it Useful, Share This:
To Know more, talk to our doctor. Dial +91-8396919191