Everything You Need To Know About Glaucoma and it's Treatment
- Glaucoma is a progressive loss of vision due to the damage of the optic nerves.
- The damage is caused because of the reduced blood supply in the optic nerves as a result of increased intraocular pressure resulting in optic atrophy.
- Trauma, eye surgery, high blood pressure, as a complication of other diseases like diabetes, cataract, ocular or brain tumors, positive family history and excessive use of corticosteroids are the main causes of glaucoma.
- Eye pain, headache, seeing colored halos, photophobia, blurred vision, redness of the eyes, seeing black spots in vision and tunnel vision are the major symptoms of the progressive disease. Prakash Nethralaya follows a holistic approach and provides effective relief in all these symptoms with Ayurvedic Glaucoma Treatment naturally.
- Open-angle glaucoma and close angle glaucoma are its two major types.
- Early diagnosis and early treatment are the only prevention of glaucoma. There is no treatment that can revert the damage of the vision and can strengthen the optic nerves completely.
- Adhimantha is the name given to Glaucoma in the Ayurveda classics. Imbalance of the Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas can result in glaucoma, which is again looked in the individual lifestyle of the patient and is treated accordingly.
- Ayurvedic treatment for Glaucoma is done by complete detoxification of the body and the eye tissue by Snehpana, Virechan, Nasya, Netradhara, and Anjana.
- Strengthening of the damaged optic nerves is done by means of Tharpana, Shirodhara/Shirovasty, and the rejuvenating Ayurveda medicines along with the ayurvedic eye drops for Glaucoma.
- Ayurveda treatment can prevent the progressive deterioration of the vision. Some positive improvements can also be seen in a few cases.
Signs and Symptoms of Glaucoma
Throbbing Eye Pain and Headache in acute conditions of Glaucoma and a diffused eye pain in chronic conditions.
Patient sees different colored halos and faces difficulty to see in sunlight or bright light.
A progressive loss of vision starting from peripheral field loss that makes a typical pattern of tunnel vision.
Patient sees floaters and flashes in the field of vision or while reading a page.
Why To Choose Ayurveda?
Looks for the Root Cause
The ayurvedic approach of treatment looks for the root cause and not merely the symptoms. There are two ways of treatment; Shodhan, and Shaman. Shodhan is a complete detoxification of the body by Panchakarma therapies. Shaman is balancing the doshas by Ayurveda medicines, diet, and lifestyle changes. Medicines always work better in a patient who has been detoxified with Panchakarma.
Ayurveda medicines are processed in the most natural way and not in the synthetic and chemical form. This is for this reason that the medicines are soft on the body and there is no risk of side effects even if the patient requires to take the medicines for longer durations. The complete eradication of the root cause ensures the cure and prevents future health complications.
Ayurveda is not merely a medical science. Rather, it is a philosophical science too. The basic principles of Ayurveda consider an individual human a specific identity and hence his treatment. Ayurveda gives importance to the treatment of the patient rather than the treatment of the disease. Two patients of the same disease can have different treatments because of the difference in their body constitution.
Our Approach To Glaucoma Treatment
Complete detoxification of the body and the eye is done by means of Panchakarma treatments. Virechan, Nasya, Netradhara, Kizhiswedan are used for this.
Improving the strength of the retinal tissue by means of Ayurveda therapies. Shirodhara, Nasya, Tharpana and Anjana are used with specified medicines.
Maintaining the strength of the retina by means of Ayurveda medicines. This is to be followed for longer durations at home along with suggested lifestyle changes.
Success Stories of Ayurveda
Thousands have experienced relief after treatment at Prakash Nethralaya
Get long-term relief from your problems.
I was continuously losing vision due to the progressive weakness of the optic nerves because of increased intraocular pressure. After taking treatment at Prakash Nethralaya, my vision is now stable and is not reducing further. Rather, I have found some positive improvement also.glaucoma, I got my eye pressure reduced naturally and also observed improvement in my vision.