Prakash Nethralaya is the best ayurvedic hospital for dry eye treatment in ayurveda, and eye diseases or general diseases.
how to cure dry eyes permanently?
With dry eye treatment in ayurveda it is possible to cure this disease permanently. An ayurvedic eye specialist finds the root cause of the problem and treats the dry eyes disease with a holistic approach. The doctor uses ayurvedic medicines and panchakarma therapies for the treatment of dry eyes.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Dry Eyes
According to Ayurveda, dry eye is mainly caused by the imbalance of Vata Dosha. Sometimes, Pitta is also associated with Vata. Therefore, the condition of how to cure dry eyes permanently becomes worse. The process of dry eye treatment in Ayurveda starts with fixing this imbalance. Hence, Ayurvedic medicine for dry eyes and Panchakarma therapies are used for the lubrication of the eyes and for purification of the body. By following the treatment principles, natural tear formation increases.
Dry Eye Treatment in Ayurveda is done at two levels depending upon the clinical stage.
1. In the early stage, patients are given oral ayurvedic medicines and ayurvedic eye drops for dry eyes to remove the symptoms of this disease. This ayurvedic medicine for dry eyes is given for about 4-6 months and gradually the normal tear secretion starts.
2. In the advanced stage of the treatment process, Panchakarma therapies and specialized eye therapies are used for the deep cleansing of the body. Ayurvedic medicine for dry eyes improves the quality and quantity of tears.
The major procedures used for dry eye treatment in Ayurveda are as follows:
- Kizhi Sweden
Patients are advised to lead a healthy lifestyle to avoid the symptoms. The duration of treatment for dry eyes is 3 weeks at an Ayurvedic eye hospital. It is followed by medicines for about 6 months to a year depending on the condition of the patient.
Dry eyes are simply the lack of moisture in the eyes. This can happen either because of the reduced tear secretion or because of the poor quality of the tears. In these conditions, tears get evaporated very fastly. The tears in the eyes help in vision by providing moisture and lubrication to the eyes.
Dry eye sometimes affects cornea and conjunctiva resulting in complications related to vision. The patients of dry eye syndrome are increasing globally. It is due to the stressed lifestyle of today’s corporate world with disturbed eating habits, odd sleeping hours and increased use of electronic gadgets like TV, mobile phone and computer.
Causes for Dry Eyes depend on many factors including climate, daily routine, etc. Some major causes are described here:
- Dusty/dry/windy climate
- Excessive stay in the air conditioning or heating system.
- Staring at the TV, mobile or computer screen for longer duration without blinking is a big reason for dryness of eyes.
- Prolonged use of contact lenses
- Dryness of Eyes by side effects of some medicines. (Steven Johnson Syndrome)
- Smoking or use of Tobacco in any other form.
- People can get dry eyes after LASIK surgery, cataract surgery or any other eye surgery.
- Due to certain medications like those prescribed for anxiety, allergy, heartburn, etc.
- Pregnant women are at more risk of getting dry eyes.
- People with certain diseases like arthritis, thyroid, etc.
- Aging process.
- Vitamin A deficiency is also one of the main causing factors in getting dry eyes.
Some of the common symptoms of dry eye are summarized below:
- Red eyes
- Burning of eyes
- Gritty feeling in the eyes( feels like there is something inside your eyes)
- Mucus formation in the eyes or area surrounding the eyes.
- Excessive tear formation in the eyes.
- Pain in the eyes.
- Stinging sensation in the eyes
- Headaches and Blurred vision
- photophobia (sensitivity to light)
You should consult an eye specialist for the proper diagnosis and further treatment if you experience any of the above-mentioned symptoms. After taking proper guidance, you can cure the disease easily.
For the treatment of dry eyes, there are some home remedies that can be used in the initial stages.
- Do hot fomentation over the closed eyelids by dipping cotton or cloth in the solution made from 1 bowl of water and 2 pinches of boric powder.
- Apply filtered cow ghee in the eyes only at bedtime.
- Put sesame oil 3 drops in both nostrils daily morning empty stomach.
- Increase the intake of Ghee (Clarified butter) in your diet but only if you are not affected by any metabolic disease.
A patient of dry eye can adopt many precautions and healthy lifestyle changes. It will eliminate the risk of disease or control the disease to let it complicate further. Some of the common precautions are as follows:
- Take breaks during long hours of working on the computer screen.
- Avoid air to contact the eyes directly.
- Wear sunglasses, so that the eyes can be protected as much as possible.
- Avoid smoking
- Use an air purifier in the home.
- Start blinking more whenever you are looking at a screen.
- Keep the temperature of the room moderate.
- Avoid visiting dry climates as much as possible.
- Limit the use of gadgets(laptops, smartphones,tablets,etc).
- Always clean your makeup before sleeping.
- Make a habit to clean the eyes regularly.