Natural Glaucoma Treatment, Home Remedies and Preventions
Is it Possible to Cure Glaucoma Permanently?
No, it is not possible to cure glaucoma permanently, but further vision loss can be controlled with the help of glaucoma treatment in Ayurveda.
Glaucoma is a progressive disease and once the vision lost under the glaucoma disease cannot be recovered but the success of Ayurveda in treating this dangerous disease is that it can stop the disease from expanding further and there are some chances of recovery of the lost vision.
So, glaucoma can be controlled but the recovery of lost vision is not possible in every case.
Natural Glaucoma Treatment
According to Ayurveda, all 3 doshas are involved in the formation of glaucoma disease or we can say all are responsible for high eye pressure in glaucoma.
Because of the causative factors, the toxicity starts accumulating in the body which blocks the fluid flow system of the eyes somewhere leading to the increase in eye pressure.
To treat a glaucoma patient the first step is to remove all the impurities. And then the process of dissolving the “Kapha” starts along with the nourishment of the optic nerves to prevent the eyes from further vision loss.
Panchakarma therapies are performed to reduce eye pressure naturally. A patient needs to be hospitalized in an ayurvedic eye hospital in the direct supervision of an ayurvedic eye specialist for 3 weeks.
After the completion of the glaucoma treatment in Ayurveda, the progression of glaucoma disease will surely stop and there are also chances of recovery in vision if the patient is in the early stages of glaucoma.
The major procedure done for the glaucoma treatment in Ayurveda are as follows:
- Pindi and Vidalak
- Anjana and Aschyotana
Glaucoma treatment in Ayurveda is the only natural treatment that controls high eye pressure and has the chance of vision recovery.
Prakash Nethralaya providing the best Glaucoma treatment in India and healing glaucoma naturally from years with Panchakarma therapies and ayurvedic herbs.
We follow natural ways to lower eye pressure and provide ayurvedic medicine and ayurvedic eye drops for glaucoma to prevent the progression. Also, the patient is suggested to follow a healthy dietary schedule and a positive lifestyle.
Home Remedies for Glaucoma
There are some home remedies available for the glaucoma treatment patient but these home remedies should be used only in less serious cases or in a high emergency situation where no other modes of treatment are available.
The most important thing is that home remedies for glaucoma should not be used as a permanent solution for the glaucoma disease as it is a very serious disease which requires immediate expert attention and guidance.
Some common home remedies used are :
- Put sesame oil 3-4 drops in both nostrils daily morning empty stomach.
- Cotton soaked in rose water helps to remove strain and redness of eyes
- Put cow ghee 2 drops in both eyes to nourish optic nerves
- Practise meditation and techniques to relax the mind as stress is also a contributing factor of glaucoma.
Lifestyle Changes and Preventions for Glaucoma
One of the easiest ways to prevent yourself from glaucoma disease or any other eye disease, you should regularly visit a reputed eye specialist in an Ayurvedic eye hospital to get an eye checkup.
Some healthy lifestyle changes which can be followed to minimize the risk of vision loss in glaucoma eye disease are as follows:
- Follow all the instructions of your doctor and plan your lifestyle according to the instructions of the doctor as much as possible. You should continue this kind of lifestyle till the disease is cured completely.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet rich in vitamins for glaucoma.
- Stay away from electronic gadgets and use them as only for a limited period of time if only it is required.
- Perform yoga and do daily workout to maintain a healthy body and mind which in turn will help in your treatment process as according to Ayurveda everything in the body is linked with each other and the condition of one body part has a big influence on other body parts.
- Drink adequate fluids like water, coconut water, buttermilk, fruit juices.
- Sleep with your head elevated to reduce pressure in the eyes.