Paralysis -Disease And Cure
Created - 21 Dec 2015Last Modified - 26 Jun 2019
What is Paralysis?
Paralysis is a condition which stops the muscle movements due to some disorder of the nervous system. They are of various forms. In many cases only a side of the body is affected which is known as hemiplegia but in other cases both the sides get affected by paralysis. This condition is called as quadriplegia or paraplegia. The other types include general paralysis and localized paralysis in which a small nerve group is affected. The nerves of the brain get damaged which stops the motion of a particular portion of the body causing paralysis. Paralysis treatment is necessary which are of several kinds.
Causes of paralysis
- Trauma and stroke are the two causes of paralysis.
- Certain diseases like peroneal dystrophy, poliomyelitis, multiple sclerosis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Bell's palsy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and spina bifida cause paralysis.
- Poisons such as paralytic shellfish poisoning, Botulism and some other kinds also lead to paralysis.
Treatment of paralysis
Paralysis treatment can be done following the steps given below :
- The vapors of the Akasbel leaves should be provided to the affected portions of the body after cooking it. A paste of the cooked leaves should be made and applied to the limbs which are paralyzed.
- Mixture of Mashabaladi Quath, asafetida and rock salt should be prepared. With the help of dropper, it should be poured on the opposite side of the affected portion of the nose.
- A drink made up of Adathoda leaves should be taken. It helps in the cure of rheumatism, rheumatism and joint pain.
- Cooked meat, blood, liver and heart of a bird called green pigeon is suggested. Along with this the body massage is important using Ayurvedic and herbal oils.
Along with this, consult your family doctor. He will advice you the necessary exercises and also the medicines required for the treatment of paralysis. Although, Ayurveda provides one of the best paralysis treatment. The herbs used in it have no side effects and are also good for health.