Diabetic Retinopathy Ayurvedic Treatment VS Conventional Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment is possible with both the methods either conventional or natural, but there’s a very big difference between both the modes of treatment that we will discuss later.
First, let’s get started with understanding how both the ways treat diabetic retinopathy.
Conventional diabetic retinopathy treatment uses the following techniques -
- Medications - Conventional doctors usually prescribe medicines for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy, mostly oral medicines are given to patients with a 2-3 month course. In some case, injections are used for the treatment which is used directly on the retina to remove the swelling and to remove the bleeding.
- Laser Treatment - Diabetic Retinopathy Laser treatment like photocoagulation is used for the treatment which removes the formation of new blood vessels and reduces the flow of blood in the retina. Laser treatment improves the condition to some extent and in some cases, more than one surgery is used.
- Surgical Treatment - Surgeries can also be used in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy, vitrectomy is used to treat the diabetic retinopathy patient which removes the blood vessels from the retina. Clear vision starts appearing after a few days.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Diabetic Retinopathy has a holistic approach which takes a little more time than the conventional treatment. The diabetic retinopathy treatment in Ayurveda uses following techniques for permanent diabetic retinopathy cure -
- Ayurvedic Medicines - Ayurveda uses different ayurvedic medicines made from natural herbs to treat the patient. These medicines prove to be very beneficial for the affected person and results starts appearing after some days. These medicines purify the blood inside the body and treat the vata and pitta doshas. Ayurveda focuses on making a balance in the doshas of the body which are responsible for the health of the body.
- Ayurveda Therapies - Ayurveda therapies like Thakradhara and Virechanam are used for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy. These ayurvedic therapies are useful in making the body healthy and energetic by energizing the dhatus of the body.
Ayurvedic Treatment VS Conventional Treatment
- Both Conventional and Ayurvedic treatment can be used to treat diabetic retinopathy but the major difference between Conventional and Ayurvedic treatment is that conventional treatment only focuses on the temporary solution of the disease whereas Ayurvedic treatment focuses on a permanent and natural solution.
- After the conventional diabetic retinopathy treatment, symptoms of the disease can be seen again whereas in diabetic retinopathy ayurvedic treatment a person is cured completely and no signs of the disease can be seen again.
- Another major advantage, ayurvedic treatment has over the conventional treatment is that it has no side effects on the patient’s body and is free from the risk of any other health-related complications whereas in conventional treatments there’s always a risk of side effects.
Ayurveda uses a holistic approach in its treatment, i.e. It believes that everything in the body is connected with each other and a perfect balance is necessary between every body part and organ for a completely healthy body.
Ayurveda has an upper hand in the treatment of diabetic retinopathy as it treats every individual as different and prescribes medicines based on the condition of the person. An ayurvedic doctor makes slight changes in the treatment according to the condition of the patient as Ayurveda has a philosophy to treat the patient instead of the disease.
An ayurvedic eye specialist measures the imbalance in doshas (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) present inside the body of the patient and keeping in mind the condition, he starts the treatment with the help of natural medicines and therapies.
The diabetic retinopathy ayurvedic treatment is better than conventional treatment in every sense as it provides complete and permanent treatment without any side effects.